Lake Louise Ski Club
Avalanche Safety Training and Backcountry Ski/Board Day Options
- All trips and courses led by club member Lisa Paulson - IFMGA Mountain Guide, CAA Professional Member, Parks Canada Avalanche Forecaster, & Visitor Safety Specialist
- Trips and courses open to ski club members first, then to friends and family of club members, then to other clubs/kids.
- Waiver - signed with guide witnessing on field day
- Courses: download & pre-read the ACMG and the Avalanche Canada waiver, and if applicable the youth acknowledgement of risk form
- For ski/board days - download & pre-read the ACMG waiver and/or Youth acknowledgement of risk waiver for all courses
About Lisa Paulson
Lisa Paulson brings 30 years of experience in guiding and leading mountain rescues, producing avalanche public bulletins and conducting avalanche control as a Parks Canada Visitor Safety Specialist in all our mountain national parks. Lisa grew up in Calgary, skiing at Lake Louise, and was first exposed to snow science and avalanche work as a patroller at Louise. Skiing was her initial hook and skiing powder snow with great people continues to be the lure. Lisa was the eighth woman to become a Mountain Guide in Canada. She has guided heli-skiing, cat skiing, and ski touring throughout the mountains in Western and Northern Canada. She now has kids in our race and all mountain programs bringing her back to Louise. She enjoys giving back to the community as an instructor on the professional level avalanche courses, and more recently to our club by providing educational and ski/boarding opportunities. Lisa is passionate about sharing these beautiful mountain places, introducing athletes to backcountry and avalanche safety in a fun and memorable way, and coaching participants to develop their decision-making skills in suitable mountain terrain.
Video Credit: Lisa Paulson